Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year!

It's 2016!  How did that happen?

I've enjoyed having a break over Christmas, but am ready to start the next chapter of my quest for abs.

I've done a little bit of exercise over the past few weeks, but need to wind things up a bit.  Not to the level of last year's hybrid, but somewhere between that and a normal round of Insanity.  I've used Insanity month 2 as a base, and have started to build my own hybrid;


It probably needs a bit more tweaking, but as I plan to start this on Monday, I'll tweak it as I go.  The aim is to do a more Insanity biased hybrid, so that I get the higher calorie burn per minute, whilst still doing some of Asylum's strength routines each week.  The amount of ab exercises also ramp up each week from 20 minutes per week at the beginning to 90 minutes towards the end.

As the main aim was to increase the intensity of the workout, I've tried to keep it short.  I've tried to keep each week below 6 hours, and have managed that for all but week 7.  I could cut out some of the stretching for that week, but I have a feeling I'll need it by then.

So that's the plan for the next 9 weeks.  I'll probably video the whole thing again, as that did help to motivate me.

I'm also going to do the Insanity UK plank challenge through January.  It's just a bit of fun, and something my whole family is doing.  If you're in the UK, are doing any of the Beachbody workouts, come join our Facebook group and join in.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UkInsanity/

I'm looking forward to another year of getting fitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment