Thursday 24 September 2015

Day 6 - Championship & Sudden Death Overtime

Well I'm surprised I made it through that!

Today was Championship, followed by the Sudden Death Overtime 3 minute fit test.  The workout itself was pretty good.  The only times I've done this workout previously was after completing 3-4 Asylum 2 workouts, so I'd normally feel pretty tired before I started Championship, but this week has been all about stretching and preparing my body for the next 11 weeks.  I hardly aced the thing, but only needed a couple of small breaks in order to get through.  I even completed the entire weights section, which I don't think I managed before.

The Sudden Death Overtime fit test didn't go quite as well.  If you've not seen/done it before, it's a sequence of jumps in the agility ladder, and you have to see how many times to can complete that sequence in three minutes.  As part of Asylum 2, you're supposed to learn the entire sequence, but I always managed to mess something up, so ended up writing myself instructions;


The last time I did this test, back in early August, I managed 7.5 repetitions.  Today I only managed 5.  The video did freeze two minutes into the test, so I may have managed an extra sequence, but that's still a lot worse than I managed in the other fit tests this week.


Tomorrow is a rest day, and I plan to enjoy the extra hour asleep.  On Saturday the real workout begins with Insanity's Max Interval Circuit and Fit Test.

No comments:

Post a Comment