Saturday 19 September 2015

Prologue.

I'm not sure this is a good idea.  Starting an 84 day fitness programme in September means that I'm not going to finish until mid December.  And as the only time I can fit a workout into my day is before work, those cold mornings are really going to test me.  Will I be able to get up and do a workout that I'll probably be sick of by then, or will an extra hour under the duvet be too tempting?

But I need to try.  I'm 35, and putting on weight is too easy.  I almost hit 18 stone before I did something about it.  That was just over two years ago, and I wasn't motivated by anything that could be considered normal.  My daughters (6, 3 and 3 at the time) wanted a superhero birthday party, and I couldn't go as a fat batman.  So I grabbed a copy of the "Insanity" workout, did two rounds back to back, and burnt off over two stone.


After that, I was determined to stay fit.  I did another round of Insanity, and changed a lot of things in my diet.  I cut out bread (made a huge difference) cut down on carbs, reduced my sugar intake and increased my protein intake.  I got the next two Insanity Asylum workout programmes.  But that's where things got tricky.  Asylum was a massive step up from Insanity, and it wasn't until this summer that I managed to complete both Asylum and Asylum Volume 2.  According to my calipers, I've droped from 25% body fat down to under 12%, and now weigh 13 1/2 stone.  But I've still not seen any Abs!

So that's my mission.  For the next 84 days I'm going to attempt the Insanity/Asylum/Asylum 2 hybrid workout shown below.  I'm going to record a timelapse of every workout, and upload them weekly for you to laugh at.  I'm going to update this blog after each completed workout, to say how it went, not for the benefit of mankind, but to keep me motivated, so that when it's 5AM, and below freezing outside, I will still get up and do an hours workout.  That's the plan anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment