Saturday 26 September 2015

Day 8 - Max Interval Circuit & Fit Test

Bloody hell!  That was a wee bit harder.  So much for last week preparing me for this week.  I'm shattered.

 
Yup - That's 1345 calories burned in just under 90 minutes, and I'm feeling it now.
 
I started off with the Fit Test, and either matched or slightly improved on last week's scores;

And then came Max Interval Circuit.  An hour of interval training.  I started struggling during the warm up, and it didn't get any better from there.  I had to take many additional breaks, and by the final set of intervals was pretty much done.  The good news is that according to my Polar heart rate monitor app, today was a new personal best for calorie burn - My previous being the exact same workout in week 5 of Insanity back in May.  This mainly seems to be due to my heart rate staying above 90% for 14 minutes longer than then, which burnt an extra 100 calories.

The rest of this week looks like a fairly even mix on Insanity cardio and Asylum power, with Asylum's Strength workout tomorrow.  I'm hoping to do better in that based on how day 6 went.

In other news, my laptop doesn't seem to like encoding the time lapse video.  It's either cutting off the last few hundred frames or messing up the audio, all whilst blowing fuses.  Hopefully I'll get the video done today, otherwise both of this weekend's videos will have to wait till Monday when I can sit in front of a beefy workstation.

No comments:

Post a Comment