Tuesday 3 November 2015

Day 46 - Vertical Plyo, Overtime & Relief

That didn't go well :(

Yesterday I said that today's workout would take just over 100 minutes.  It turns out that the three videos did indeed have a combined duration of 103 minutes, but I'd forgotten about the 10 minute Shakeology ads after each video.  So today's workout only lasted 78 minutes, and I didn't need to get up at 03:30 after all!

It was bloody cold when I started my workout.  The heating hadn't yet kicked in, and I didn't want to wake my wife or children by turning it on early.  It wasn't until 23 minutes into Vertical Plyo that I started to feel warm, and by then I'd wasted half a workout.

I can only describe this morning's performance as "half arsed".  I struggled to keep my heart rate above 80%, so my calorie burn was down on what it should have been.  It did mean that I wasn't completely burned out for Overtime, but I didn't do particularly well there either.


It's Max Recovery tomorrow.  I plan to regroup, and hopefully do better on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment