Friday 20 November 2015

Day 63 - Rest Day & Week 9 Analysis

It has been a tough week, made tougher by the preceding two weeks.  If I had another week like this, then I might very well have thrown in the towel for good on this hybrid, but thankfully, it looks like I've reached the peak of this workout, and will get a bit of a rest before it picks up again towards the end.

That end is well and truly in sight - Just three weeks to go!  That's pretty exciting.

So how did I do this week?  I'm not expecting much, as I was still feeling the effects of a rubbish week 8.  As per normal, I pulled the data from my Polar H7 Bluetooth 4.0 Heart Rate Sensor and recorded totals for duration and calories burnt.

Firstly, lets look at the last nine weeks of this Hybrid.  We'll start with the total duration;
The difference in time between weeks 7 & 9 is due to me skipping Relief on day 59 (Back & 6-Pack).

Now we look at the calorie burn;

I burned just 4782 calories this week.  Whilst not terrible, it's almost a whole workouts worth less than week 7's 5302.

Now let's look at those two graphs combined;


It's not great, but this week was not about beating my personal bests - It was picking myself up after last week's fall.  I made it through, and will now hopefully make it through the rest of this Hybrid.

Purely out of interest, I thought I'd take a look at this week's individual workouts compared to week 7's to see where that difference was;

The Back & 6-Pack calorie drop is understandable, as it was 23 minutes shorter than week 7.  Otherwise, I was consistently worse in three of the five other workouts.  It wasn't all bad, and I did feel fitter in this week's Vertical Plyo - It may have just been my imagination, but I felt I was jumping higher and for longer.

To sum up this week, I didn't do great, but I'm feeling better.  I'm looking forward to a lighter week 10, and really looking forward to the final two weeks - I want to see how I've improved in the fit tests.

That'll do for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment