Friday 2 October 2015

Day 14 - Rest Day & Week 2 Analysis

It's that time of the week where I look back at the previous six days worth of workouts, and see how the whole of week 2 compared to the standalone workouts.

The week really started with a bang.  Day 8's Max Interval Circuit and Fit Test burned more calories in a single session than I'd ever done before.  The fit test results showed a slight improvement from the previous week, but I'm still at only 76% of the level I was when I completed Insanity earlier this year.

Days 9 - 12 were all fairly average, and I feel ok with my performance so far.  Day 13 however was a different story.  I really don't like the Game Day, managed to tweak my left shoulder, and had a fairly horrible workout.

So the week had mostly highs and one low, but how does week 2 of the Insanity/Asylum/Asylum 2 hybrid workout compare to week 2 of each of the standalone workouts?  I've grabbed the data from my Polar heart rate monitor and have recorded totals for duration and calories burnt.

Firstly, lets look at the total duration of week two of each of the four workouts;

The standalones average at ~4.5 hours, whereas the hybrid almost hit 7 hours!

Now we look at the calorie burn for each of the programmes;

All three standalones were within 57 calories of each other, averaging at ~3566 for the week.  The hybrid destroyed them with over 5400 calories burned!

Now if we combine the two graphs to look at the calorie burn per minute;

For the second week in a row we see that for pure calorie burning, Insanity is still the king.  The hybrid burned a lot more, but also took a lot longer to complete.  However, it has gone from the lowest intensity workout in week 1, to the second highest intensity workout in week 2.  Will it ever take the top spot?  I hope not, as a higher calorie burn over that length of time is likely to kill me.

I'll do my weekly weigh-in and measurements tomorrow.  I'm expecting my weight to creep up as I retain water (and a Chinese takeaway), but hopefully that will be counteracted by some improved tape measurements.

For those of you who made it through another incredibly boring post, here's what Predator would look like if it were a musical;

No comments:

Post a Comment