Monday 19 October 2015

Day 31 - Back and Six Pack & Relief

It's Monday morning, it's cold, it's 4AM and I'm getting out of my nice warm bed to do a workout.  Why am I doing this?

Last week, my total calorie burn had dropped significantly, so on Saturday I set my self the challenge of not just beating that calorie burn, but beating it by 600 calories.  The problem with that challenge is that today's and Wednesday's workouts are not high calorie burners, so the difference needs to be made in the remaining workouts.  I set the challenge after Saturday's workout, which left only three to make up that difference.  I've pretty much set myself up to fail.

However, I did manage to burn 54 more calories than I did last week.  Not a huge improvement, but that just leaves 437 additional calories to burn over what I did last week.  Is that possible?  probably not, but I'll push for it anyway.

The back and Six Pack workout went OK.  I think I did better than last week, though the hip flies are still a problem (I'm not yet strong enough to do them with my 10KG weights), and despite much grunting and growling, I didn't complete the final flutter kicks.

I'm actually improving in Relief.  Yesterday I was able to grab my left foot in the hip flexor, and I did the same again today.


It's Vertical Plyo & Relief tomorrow.  Last week it only burned 688 calories, so there is room for improvement.  However, it's also the workout that screwed up my shoulder (which probably accounts for the low calorie burn), so I have to push hard, without damaging myself.  Can I do it?  Tune in tomorrow - same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment